“When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.” — Walter Payton
“You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage — pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically, to say “no” to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger “yes” burning inside.” — Stephen R. Covey
“Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force but through persistence.” — Ovid
You don’t have be a raging river to make a difference. There is tremendous power in being a persistent drip.
By focusing your efforts and consistently doing what you can with what you have, you can break through even the biggest barriers standing between you and your goals.
Don’t be concerned if you’re not the biggest, the loudest, the flashiest, the fastest, or the most popular. Just focus on making progress, bettering yourself and your work, and on consistently being the best that you can be.
Whatever your goals may be, even the littlest of things can make a huge difference over time when done with consistency and a persistent focus.
- 20 things I’ve learned about determination & commitment in 333 days.
- Killing Doubt
- The most successful people in the world
- Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will…
- Great works are performed not by strength
- The Starting Point of Success
- ‘Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force but through persistence.’
With everything you gain, you give up something.
With everything you give up, you gain something else.